Here are some additional details regarding the conference and the networking events taking place on April 6, 7 & 8, 2018. #pinaypower #pinaypwr #pinaypower2 #pinaypwr2
FRIDAY WELCOME RECEPTION
Sidley Austin LLP Presents: “Through the glass ceiling and beyond”
For Friday/Saturday registrants, the Friday Welcome Reception will be at California’s tallest open air observation deck – OUE Skyspace LA.
633 W 5th St., Los Angeles, CA 90071 (in the iconic US Bank Tower)
Valet is available off 5th Street
Self-Parking Options: (1) OUE Skyspace Building (633 West 5th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90071 – parking entrance from Hope Place) – $15 flat rate after 4 p.m.; and (2) Westlawn Garage (524 South Flower Street, Los Angeles, CA 90071) – $12 flat rate after 4 p.m. Directions to these self-parking options are set forth below.
Directions to Event:
Enter the building and follow the signs to OUE Skyspace LA. Sign in at the registration tables located on the Entry Level. See Registration and Venue Rules below. Once you have registered, go to the 70th Floor – the location of the reception. OUE Skyspace LA brings to life unparalleled, 360-degree views on California’s tallest open-air observation deck, nearly 1,000 feet above Downtown Los Angeles. On your way to the event on the 70th floor, be sure to take your time to enjoy and engage with an array of technological features on the 54th floor, highlighting LA’s cultural attractions.
Registration and Venue Rules:
Please bring an ID for admission. You must go through a metal detector/security check for entry. Once you exit the premises, you may not re-enter. Also, there is no smoking at OUE Skyspace.
5:30 p.m. – Registration Opens
6:00 p.m. – Reception Begins / D.J. Gingee Spins / A.C. Boral Caters Hors D’Oeurves /
Unhosted Bar Opens
7:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. – Welcome Program
8:00 p.m. – D.J. Gingee Spins / Reception Continues
10:00 p.m. – Reception Ends
Guests and Friends:
Guests, friends, and family are welcome to attend the Friday Reception. Please invite your guests, friends, and family to register online. Onsite registration will also be available.
Business to business casual
Your ticket will give you access to the event space on the 70th floor. You may choose to separately and independently purchase – directly from OUE Skyspace LA – a ticket for the Skyslide and access the outdoor patio area on the 69th floor. OUE Skyspace LA sells tickets on the same level as registration or on the 70th floor at the Skyslide entrance. The Skyslide tickets will be $21 onsite.
Directions to Self-Parking:
OUE Skyspace Building ( 633 West 5th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90071 – parking entrance from Hope Place) – $15 flat rate after 4 p.m.
- I-10 E/Santa Monica Fwy to 110 N Fwy. Exit toward All Downtown Exits; Exit 4th Street, continue to 4th Street; Turn right onto S. Hope St., S. Hope St. becomes Hope Place; Arrive at 633 W. 5th Street parking entrance (Hope Place).
- From I-10 W. Take I-10 W and take exit 13 to L.A. Live Way; Continue to 4th St.; Drive to S. Hope St.; Arrive at 633 W. 5th Street parking entrance (Hope Place).
- From 110 Freeway. 110 to W. 4th Street; Take the 6th/9th St. exit; Drive to S. Hope St; Arrive at 633 W. 5th Street parking entrance (Hope Place).
- From 101 Freeway. Take the Interstate 110 S exit from CA-110; Continue to W. 4th St.; Drive to S. Hope St.; Arrive at 633 W. 5th Street parking entrance (Hope Place).
Westlawn Garage (524 South Flower Street, Los Angeles, CA 90071) – $12 flat rate after 4 p.m.
- 110 Harbor Fwy, North & South. Exit 4th St.; Turn right on Flower St.; Pass 5th St.; Garage entrance is on your left.
- Santa Monica Fwy, East. Take 110 North; Exit 4th St. and pass 5th St.; Garage entrance is on your left.
- 10 San Bernardino Fwy, West: Take 101 North; Exit on Grand Ave.; Turn right on 5th St.; Continue down to Flower St.; Garage entrance is on your left.
- 101 Hollywood Fwy, North. Exit 3rd St.; Turn left on 4th St.; Turn left on Flower St.; Garage entrance is on your left after 5th Steet.
- 101 Hollywood Fwy, South. Exit Temple St., which leads into Flower St.; Garage entrance is on your left after 5th Street.
- 60 Pomona Fwy. Take 101 North, Exit 3rd St. and turn left on 4th St turn left on Flower St., Garage entrance is on your left.
- 5 Santa Ana Fwy. Take 101 North, Exit 3rd St. and turn left on 4th St turn left on Flower St, Garage – Entrance is on your left.
Saturday Conference and Closing Reception
For Friday/Saturday registrants and Saturday-only registrants, we are hosting the Saturday Conference and Closing Reception at the Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza.
Address to the Omni:
251 S Olive St, Los Angeles, CA 90012
The Omni will offer a discounted rate of $15 for valet. There is no self-parking available at the hotel.
There are alternative parking structures nearby, including underground parking at the California Plaza.
Directions to Event:
Enter the hotel through the valet driveway and follow the signs to Pinay Powerhouse 2. Sign in at the registration tables located on the 2nd floor. The conference will be on the 2nd floor.
6:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. – Optional Yoga with Pinay Powerhouse Founder and Visionary Christine Start (Flower Room on 4th Floor) – Please bring your yoga mats. Alternatively, we will have a limited number of towels available.
8:00 a.m. – Registration/Conference Check-In Opens / Breakfast Buffet Begins (Bunker Hill Ballroom & Foyer on 2nd Floor)
9:00 a.m. – Morning General Session Begins / PABA President Zathrina Perez’s Welcome / Christine Start’s Founder’s Speech (Bunker Hill Ballroom)
10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Voice and Visibility Panel (Bunker Hill Ballroom)
11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Breakout Groups and Rooms to be Assigned at Registration
1:00 p.m. – Lunch Buffet Begins (Bunker Hill Ballroom & Foyer)
1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. – Afternoon General Session Begins / Keynote Panel (Bunker Hill Ballroom)
2:30 p.m. – Group Photo (Watercourt and then Staircase)
3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. – Leadership and Civic Engagement Panel (Bunker Hill Ballroom)
4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. – Breakout Groups (Same Rooms As Morning)
5:30 p.m. – Halo-Halo Bar (Grand Café on 3rd Floor)
6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. – Closing Reception Begins (Grand Café)
Business to business casual
Concurrent Allies and Friends Brunch:
Concurrently with the conference, PABA is coordinating a brunch for allies and friends of conference participants. Please contact PABA’s Chair of the Board, Philip Nulud, at email@example.com for more information.
Sunday Brunch (Separate Registration)
“This is L.A.”
If you have not already made the separate registration, you are invited to join us at a Sunday brunch at a private location in Venice, Beach, catered by celebrity chef A.C. Boral!
Address to the Private Location:
509 Boccaccio Ave, Venice, CA 90291
Street parking only
11 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. – Private “Rice and Shine” brunch.
Space is still available for the brunch! You can RSVP directly with us and will be invoiced.
* * *
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions that you have. You can reach use at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, as a friendly reminder, we will not be issuing refunds past April 4, 2018.